- Premium Grade Crystal
- How To Use
- Additional Information
Crystal Gua Sha are ancient beauty tools from the Far East. They have always been used to gently scrape and massage the skin. This gentle massage on the skin can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, assist eye bags and tone and lift the skin.
It was not so long ago that the world discovered crystal rollers like the jade roller. It did not take long for celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Elle Macpherson to realise that these rollers were usually used with a crystal Gua Sha board.
Practitioners in fact usually consider the Gua Sha to be even more useful as its shape allows you to better stimulate specific acupressure points on the face to more strongly stimulate the blood and energy flow to the face and improve the lymphatic drainage.
Recent research has confirmed what the ancient Chinese have long known. Used properly Gua Sha can -
Increase microcirculation in the skin by up to 400% (1).
This affect will last for 25 minutes after treatment.
The other Key Benefits of using Gua Sha are -
- Dramatically increases microcirculation
- Improves Lymphatic Drainage
- Reduces swelling and puffiness
- Lifts and Tones the skin
- Reduces sagging and loose skin
- Decreases fine lines and wrinkles
- Contact with Amethyst is believed to increase concentration and improve mental clarity
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Amethyst is one of the most attractive crystals in the world. Until relatively recently it was considered one of the 5 precious stones of the world along with diamond, emerald, sapphire and ruby.
The Romans and Ancient Egyptians associated amethyst with wealth and royalty. It is now considered a strong stone of protection and was still carried during the middle ages by soldiers as amulets to protect them from injury.
It is considered an excellent crystal to assist meditation as it focuses on the crown and third eye chakra and increases concentration.
This focus on the third eye has lead some modern practitioners to believe it is especially good for assisting wrinkles between the eyes. In ancient Chinese Face Reading these wrinkles were considered signs of a troubled personality (stagnation of the liver) and great lengths were taken to treat and remove them.
The White Lotus amethyst Gua Sha comes in a beautifully silk lined box for storage, with full instructions and with the unique White Lotus Lifetime Guarantee with Normal use.
1. Nielsen A, et al. (2007). The effect of Gua Sha treatment on the microcirculation of surface tissue: a pilot study in healthy subjects. Explore (NY). Sep-Oct;3(5):456-66.
Being notoriously hard to carve, all our Crystal Gua Shas have been painstakingly hand carved without the use of harsh chemicals which is a process used by some brands to soften the crystal to help speed up the carving process.
We avoid the use of chemicals as we believe it not only affects the quality of the Gua Sha but it has a detrimental effect on the energetic quality of the crystal, thereby reducing the overall health benefits.
To learn More about the Chemical treatment of crystal used by many other companies please follow this link
We are so confident in the quality of our Crystal that we offer a lifetime Guarantee on all the crystal products with normal use.
When selecting your crystal beauty product choose wisely and choose one you are attracted to. The crystals have been a long time in the making and with proper care will last you a life time.
If you need any assistance in Choosing which type of Crystal will work best for your skin please refer to our handy chart of the properties of the crystals
Directions for use:
Please also view the video on the description page for a visual demonstration
- Start by applying the White Lotus Anti Aging serums directly to the face. The serum uses a green tea oil base. This serum will allow the Gua Sha to gently glide across the skin for better results.
- Always Start on right side the face as this is the way energy is believed to flow by the ancient Chinese
- Start by stroking up the face using the point of the gua sha in straight lines from the chin up and outwards over the cheeks.
- Then stroke upwards and outwards over the same area using a zig zag motion.
- Use the “Fish Tail” end of the comb and start at the chin stroking up the line of the jaw using the fish tail to cradle the jaw line.
- Use the long curved side of the comb and gently stroke across and outwards from the side of the nose below the eyes.
- Use the long curved side of the comb to stroke outwards and upwards across the temples.
- Use the long curved side of the comb to stroke from the centre of the forehead outwards.
- Slowly repeat this process moving up the forehead.
- Repeat this process on the left side of the face.
- On problem wrinkles it is good to target them by stretching out the skin on either side of the wrinkle and then massaging along the wrinkle in a zig zag motion with the pointy end of the gua sha.
- This provides strong circulation to the base of the wrinkle.
- To finish the massage place the pointed end of the gua sha in the depression in front of the ear. Stroke gently up and around the ear and then down the neck. Traditionally this was used to drain any toxins accumulated in the skin during the massage.
All White Lotus Crystal Gua Sha come with
- The unique Lifetime Guarantee with normal use
- Dedicated Professional Support
- Silk Lined Box for nurturing the roller between treatments
- 30+ years for Professional Expertise
Always choose the crystal Gua Sha you are most attracted to. White Lotus offers guidance as to the benefits of different types of crystal. This can help but a well made crystal beauty product will last you a lifetime so it is important to choose one that you will enjoy using for the rest of your life.
Dimensions of the Amethyst Gua Sha
11cm long 6.5 wide As this product is hand carved slight variations may occur
Silk Lined Box 14.5cm 11.5cm 3.5cm